Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- ¾ cups Gluten-Free Old Fashion Rolled Oats, processed into flour
- 1½ cups Almond Flour (or meal)
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites, or 6 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed well
- 6 TBS coconut sugar (or 4 TBS of maple syrup)
- 2 cups grated zucchini, about 2 medium
- 4 TBS semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a food processor, grind the oats into a flour.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, protein powder, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites together. Add in your mashed banana and coconut sugar (or maple syrup), stir until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until the batter combined.
- Slightly press some liquid out of the grated zucchini, either using your hands or soaking with a paper towel. Add the zucchini to the rest of the batter and stir until evenly distributed.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute batter among the muffin tins, filling about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until edges have lightly browned and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe yields 12-15 muffins.
Store in airtight container in fridge up to 7 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
The batter may seem very wet, if you didn't press out all of your liquid from the zucchini. The zucchini helps keep them super moist since there is no added oils.