Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet potato (about 2 cups), chopped
- 2 cups peeled butternut squash, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or a mixture of dried parsley, basil, oregano etc..)
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 T freshly chopped parsley
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Toss in onion, carrot, and celery and simmer (about 3-5 minutes) until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the chopped sweet potato, butternut squash, and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium-low and let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.