This root vegetable medley is the perfect side dish for a cold winter day.
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 Large Yukon gold potato or 2 small ones
- 2 Carrots
- ½ Yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic smashed
- Couple sprigs of fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Chop all root vegetables into equivalent sized pieces (about 1 inch).
- Mix all together with garlic, onion, oil, salt, pepper, and thyme in a large pan or roasting dish.
- Cook in oven set to 400F for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to get golden and crispy. Let it cool and enjoy!
Note: You can also add turnip, yams, or squash to the mix depending on what you’ve got in your kitchen. Root vegetables like those used in this recipe are in season during the fall and winter, and are rich in nutrients like Vitamin A, C and beta-carotene.